Last week I shared a recipe for Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken and I made these to serve on the side. I love being able to cook everything outside in one place and Ben has been enjoying cooking everything with fire. These were really flavorful and I recently made them a second time when my friends were here for a Sam Hunt concert! They seemed to enjoy them as much as I do, so I think it’s a safe bet that I’ll be making these a whole lot this summer!
Grilled Asian-Style Brussels Sprouts Recipe
24 oz. (2 bags) fresh Brussels Sprouts
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoons fresh ginger – minced
1 teaspoon fresh garlic – minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Rinse your Brussels sprouts and cut off the tough bottoms. Cut each in half and put them in a cast iron skillet. Chop up your garlic and ginger really small and add those to the pan with the sprouts.
Add your chicken broth (enough that the whole bottom of the pan is covered in about 1/4″ of liquid) and your oils, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar. Stir and place directly on the grill on high heat. Cover the grill and let cook for about 10 minutes around 400-degrees. Adjust your flame to keep the heat between 300-400 degrees.
After 10 minutes, stir and check the liquid levels. You’ll want to keep cooking, about another 10 minutes, stirring frequently. The liquid should disappear completely and they will start to brown and some will crisp up.
Once the liquid is gone and you can slide a fork easily through some of the bigger sprouts, they’re done! In total, this takes about 20-25 minutes on the grill.
If you’re cooking meat, you’ll definitely want to start these little babies first and cook your meat as they’re finishing up.
- 24 oz. (2 bags) fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons fresh ginger – minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic – minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Rinse Brussels Sprouts and cut off the tough bottoms. Cut each in half.
- In a 12" skillet add your halved brussels sprouts and all of the other 6 ingredients, stir to coat.
- Place on a 350-400 degree grill with the cover closed for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until they are browned and have absorbed all of the liquid.
- You can do this on the stovetop on medium high heat with a lid or in a 350-degree oven. Cut even the small Brussels Sprouts in half as they absorb more flavor when halved.