I spoil my dogs rotten. I’m not ashamed of this and am a true believer that it is the whole point of even having a pet. Both of my dogs are rescues and I want them to forget about anything bad in their previous homes and just be happy dogs who are spoiled and taken care of. So yeah, I made them homemade dog treats! Still not ashamed!
Also be sure you check out my babies’ new bowls! Another goody from Gifts For You Now, these Personalized Pet Food Bowls can be customized with any name and come in lots of different colors and designs. I did the Plaid Pet Food Bowl for Molly and the All Breeds Pet Food Bowl for Annie. They are very durable and dishwasher safe and my pups don’t notice them at all, but I sure do ;)
Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats Recipe
1 tablespoon honey
1 mashed banana
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 and 2/3 cup wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pre-heat your oven to 350-degrees.
In a medium sized bowl, add your peanut butter, honey, egg, and banana and stir until creamy and combined.
Whisk together your salt and flour and then add the flour mixture to your peanut butter mixture. I used a fork to get everything combined.
Once it’s all come together into a ball, pour it onto a piece of parchment paper and pat it flat with your hands to about 1/4 inch thickness.
I used a little bone cutter to cut the treats out, but you could use any shape or even use a pizza slicer to cut them into strips.
Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350-degrees until they’re set and cooked through.
Make your babies do tricks for them and take pictures until they are annoyed with you.
Hope your doggies love these, too!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 and 2/3 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350-degrees.
- Add your peanut butter, honey, egg, and banana to a bowl and stir.
- Whisk together your flour and salt (if using) and mix with your wet ingredients.
- Pour dough onto parchment and flatting to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut treats into desired shapes.
- Bake on parchment-lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.